If you’ve missed jumping on the magnificent VIVID festival cruise or much rather prefer to get up close and personal with the breath taking psychedelic light displays on dry land, well that doesn’t mean you lose!
Here’s another deal for an experience as VIVID as the 4th Annual 2012 Sydney VIVID festival itself! Just $49 for a 1.5 hour practical and hands on walking Night photography course capturing the grandeur and splendour of the Sydney VIVID festival through your own lens! Walking past Iconic Sydney landmarks like the Opera House, 50 unique lighting sculptures, Customs House, Museum of Contemporary Art and much more.
Normally $360 so a savings of 86% is sure to leave you feeling not just psyched, but a bit of a night photography expert too, when you look at the brilliant shots of all the light art sculptures, giant glowing dandelions, fibre optic sea grass and animatronic dancing lamps captured by you!
And because this is a beginner’s class, you can be rest assured you’ll be learning the absolute best including:
- How to control your camera by night, tame your flash, capture expressions, understand ISO
- Controlling your camera's settings
- Understanding the importance of ISO and how to reduce "noise" from your photos
- Shooting in the dark without flash
- Composition by using the "thirds" rule
- Breaking the 'thirds" rule to create dynamic effects
- Using slow shutter speed to maximise your photos
- Zooming, a new way to express yourself in your photos
- Shooting beyond the barriers of convention
- Using all available ambient light
- Metering using your camera settings
Plus the course run’s twice each weekday evening at 6 pm and 7:30 from 28th May 2012 to 11th June 2012. So, plenty of time to pack up after work, grab a drink and head down for some flashy action with Les Dainter, the photographer and the rest of the small group of (Maximum) 8 budding photographers like you, per class. Just bring along DSLR, Tripod or monopod, zoom or telephoto lens and a cable release if you have one, notebook, good walking shoes, an all weather lightweight jacket, Snack and something to drink.
Plus, each group will meet in studio to do a blind critique of their work and, opportunity to get enlargements made at professional studio prices saving lots of dollars!
Classes are held twice each weekday evening 6pm and 7:30 pm
- Monday 28th May to Friday 1st June
- Monday 4th June to Friday 8th June
- Monday 11th June
So now there’s really no excuse for you to lose out on creating an experience as VIVID as the festival that’s ranked in the Top Ten global ideas festivals by the influential Guardian newspaper in the UK.